Thursday, May 31, 2007

Once in a Blue Moon...


I'm trying to think of what to make next. I know, I know, I have way too many projects to finish before I move on. That's just too bad. Tonight is the 2nd full moon of this month which makes it a Blue Moon! I have to create something special for this occasion. I was thinking something with this yarn. It is a very soft cotton/acrylic blend. Hmmm what to make with it?

Well, it will come to me. In the meantime, check out the awesome work by Lunamom. I love these moon boxes. How appropriate for today!













Has anyone heard of this full moon ritual or superstition? You are to take an empty purse and shake it at the full moon and say "Fill it! Fill it! Fill it!" I have tried it before and my kids just laugh. I can't say if it works or not. I can still pay my phone bill! Good luck and have a wonderful Blue Moon!

5 comments:

Biby Cletus said...

Cool blog, i just randomly surfed in, but it sure was worth my time, will be back

Deep Regards from the other side of the Moon

Biby Cletus

HobbyZu said...

I've never heard of that moon ritual. I wonder if it's ever worked for someone. :-)

marsha said...

That is a gorgeous shade of blue ... I could drown in that! ;)

ellene said...

aHi, saw your comment about the dress form~ I got it at Hobby Lobby on clearance for $50. I used to make these woven wire female forms (life-sized), and was thinking about making something similar to the one I bought, but in the end, sometimes it's easier to buy something than make it. (Hardly ever of course- ha ha). I don't know if there is a Hobby Lobby store where you are, but I thought it was alot cheaper than I saw anywhere else. good luck!

iSew said...

OMG, I've seen that yarn and every time I have to stop. The colors are gorgeous, but I never know what I'd make. I'm a crocheter, but am in a knitting class now. Perhaps some day.

AddThis