Friday, June 15, 2007
Finally I made something for myself!
I've been meaning to make myself a new purse for summer. I finally started one this morning and I think it turned out great. I cut strips out of some red gauze material and used a fat hook to start the base. I was going to mix in a section of cotton yarn, but the reds didn't match right and I ended up continuing with the fabric strips. I left some strip ends showing here and there and added a pirate hair elastic as the closure. I also have some pins and beads to add. Here are a few pictures. At least I'll have a new purse for vacation. I'll be sure to take along lots of business cards, just in case I get some compliments on it!