Friday, June 15, 2007

Finally I made something for myself!












I've been meaning to make myself a new purse for summer. I finally started one this morning and I think it turned out great. I cut strips out of some red gauze material and used a fat hook to start the base. I was going to mix in a section of cotton yarn, but the reds didn't match right and I ended up continuing with the fabric strips. I left some strip ends showing here and there and added a pirate hair elastic as the closure. I also have some pins and beads to add. Here are a few pictures. At least I'll have a new purse for vacation. I'll be sure to take along lots of business cards, just in case I get some compliments on it!

5 comments:

marsha said...

Look at how talented you are! AMAZING ... and I love the pics! I seriously wish I could sew, but I think the world's a safer place without me sewing! lol ...

Alpaca Granny said...

You should get tons of compliments on the purse. It's darling.
Yep, remember those business cards and be very generous with them.

airstreamdiva said...

i LOVE THIS! i have been working on a similar bag made out of strips of plastic bags from the grocery store. sounds hideous, i know, but my friends are wildly intrigued with its progress, and this one is more about function than beauty. anyway, thanks for sharing your pretty things!

knitsteel said...

That's just lovely, such an attention getter and so cheerful. I'm sure you'll get lots of requests for more.

mellowbeing said...

That is such a great bag. I wouldn't ever have thought of cutting up fabric and then crocheting with it! This might make a good excuse to finally buy some textiles.. since I'm terrified of sewing hah.

AddThis