Tuesday, July 10, 2007

That's so '70's...


I have been trying to finish projects that I started a long time ago. You know how it goes. You get an idea for something and get a great start to it, then set it aside til who-knows-when.

I dislike thread crochet. But when I came across some needlework magazines from the 1970's something struck me and I thought I'd like to design a camisole. I used double thread to make it somewhat thicker and easier for me to work with. There are a lot of details on this one. I still have some blocking and finishing to do, but I think it will be pretty when it's done. I'm not so sure of the size yet. I sure do need a dress form!


Here's another pretty, yet intimate design. I was working on a bikini awhile back and had the cups made for this. I finally found some fabric to match and got it all put together. I decided to use a corset-style back so that it's adjustable. I just listed it today in my Etsy shop. Lots of views already! It is pretty, if I do say so myself!

8 comments:

marsha said...

Ok let's say this together now ... "OOH LALAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

;)

Becky said...

Hee hee...I kid you not that I was going to say "oh la la" when I saw that dress, and then I saw Marsha's comment.

Definitely Oh La LA. I love that flirty top. A very cool way to mix the crochet with the woven fabric!

Bonny said...

Lovely pieces - the fabric and crochet work work beautifully together

tigergirl said...

Oh, I'm so familiar with UFO's, far too familiar. Great dress, by the way!

tigergirl said...

You're tagged! Check here -> http://tigergirletsy.blogspot.com/2007/07/7-things-you-didnt-know-about-me.html

Dawn Chastain said...

Way to sexy!!!Love both of these designs and the purse that you did for vacation!dawn

Friendlyhands said...

Great job, have you finished it yet? Not enough time in the day is there?!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

I've said it before--I'll say it again--that top is so pretty and sexy! whow!
Smiles.

AddThis