Saturday, August 25, 2007

Hold the Yarn...

I was lucky to receive some gorgeous handspun from my sister.........as seen in my previous post.
I made this lovely Raspberry Beret and some Heather Rose fingerless gloves. Both are hand-spun and hand-dyed wool - from sheep to shawl (or hat, gloves, etc.).

Occasionally I require the help of my kids to hold the skeins while I wind them up into a ball. They see me playing with yarn and run and hide sometimes! My daughter's friend thought it was fun....at first. After awhile it can be a chore though.
These gorgeous bright colors are working up into a lovely openwork shawl. Look for it soon in my Etsy shop.


6 comments:

marsha said...

I'm loving your fingerless gloves!

EyePopArt said...

I think it's great that your kids help. You have beautiful work!

Cozy said...

That shawl you have started will be stunning. I love the colors. My yarn winder it the back of a chair. If I could just get Patches to hold still long enough...

Mrs.Kwitty said...

LOL!! I used to have to do that for my Mom when I was a kid--but she always offered a goody as a thank you--so it wasn't so bad! AND she always made me a little ball too while she was at it.
Your gloves and beret are gorgeous, as usual!
Smiles, Karen

Bonny said...

The beret is awesome - hmmm,hmm, hmmm raspberry beret.... Can't wait to see the shawl complete - the colors are gorgeous.

SignatureSterling~Untie the Ribbons! said...

Beautiful yarn ~ makes me SO ready for fall...I'm a knitter - smiles! Never could figure out crocheting!! LOL!! Your items though are awesome!

AddThis