Monday, September 17, 2007

Take To the Trail....and take an apple!

After a Summer's hiatus, I dragged my Lazy bones to the trail this morning. My dog knows which shoes are my running shoes. How in the world can she tell, especially after taking three months off, that I chose my running shoes out of the pile that is my back porch?
Anyway....it felt so good to get out again. All the stresses of the past few weeks just seem to disappear for me when I go to the trail. I hadn't even charged my iPod since June! I was so glad I remembered to do so this morning. It's unbelievable how easily my mood is uplifted by exercise-induced endorphins. Don't believe me? Check out this article, which is one of many available online on the subject. I will definitely try to get out more often!

One of the many groups I belong to in my craft-loving world is EtsyFAST or Etsy Fiber Arts Street Team. Every month we have a challenge and try to focus our talents on a particular subject. The theme for September is "apples." Since Fall provides a beautiful color palette to choose from, it's no surprise that there have been many amazing submissions for this project already.
Iryna is from the Ukraine and made this romantic beaded choker....



The Sour Apple hand-dyed falkland wool roving is made by Flawful Fibers/tisjewelart and is enticing enough to make me want to learn how to spin! And the handwoven Apple Grove towels are the creation of Sunrise Lodge Fiber Studio.



My submission for this challenge is this Caramel Apple Tote. It is crocheted with large strips of fabrics, making a structured and sturdy fabric. Here are some pictures of the process and the final bag.....which is available in my Etsy shop. All of these items and more can be found by searching "SeptemberChallenge" at Etsy.com.......click here for a direct link to all of the September Challenge entries. Be sure to check back often because there are sure to be more entries. For more information about our next challenge, visit us at www.EtsyFAST.com.

4 comments:

Bonny said...

Your tote is fabulous - love the colors! And I agree - it's amazing what a walk (or run) in the fresh air can do for the spirit :)

Melanie said...

I think your tote rocks! Okay...so now down to business...I am tagging you. Check out my blog for details. Melanie

Jen Vecc said...

i love your tote! :)

Ginger said...

Okay, now I really have to get outside. You are so right about the mood-lifting. I have had a cold all week, but nothing that should stop me from running so off I go to get my running shoes on.

AddThis