Friday, November 2, 2007

Ho Ho Holy Cow it's November!

Hello! I can finally take a breath and update update update! I have to admit that I have managed to stay pretty well organized, so far, with regards to my show schedule and keeping inventory in my Etsy shop.
If you're local and you would like to browse, I have a table set up in Mantua for the Rotary Club's Tour of Homes. Look for signs on Main Street in Mantua. It's an old school which is currently under construction. It will be open this weekend and next (through November 11th). I'll see you in Ravenna on the 16th and 17th for Christmas in the Woods at Maplewood and November 24th and 25th for Christmas Crafts at Yankee Lake. And don't forget to take the Buy Handmade Pledge.

I listed these two new pieces to Etsy. This chunky cowl started out as a hat, and I still may make one. When it got to the cowl stage I thought it was pretty cool and comfortable. It also makes a great dread band!

The arm warmers are snuggly baby alpaca from a discarded sweater. Tag it upcycled, recycled, reclaimed, you name it....poor baby!

On a craftier note, don't you just love it when things fall into place. I started working on a crocheted freeform cuff. It was pretty boring and I got busy making other things. Well, I jazzed it up with some red rick rack and it turned out to be a pretty start to my Christmas colors. These white berry button beads are calling me. I happened to spill some yoyos and thought these red and white ones could work together. I'm still thinking on that one.

Meanwhile on the other side of my desk there's a Baby Ruth wrapper, my pink ribbon mug with a red fuzzy from the rick rack, buttons upon buttons that just happen to perfectly match the yarn I'm going to make a cell pouch out of.....how handy!


So, everything's falling into it's place....so far. May your days be merry and bright! Cheers to the kickoff of a most joyous season!!
Good luck and best wishes to all of my friends at ClevelandHandmade! Visit our website and click around. Check out the Gallery, Shop on Etsy, and Team links! We are creative Cleveys!

5 comments:

zJayne said...

Oh I just think those armwarmers are so great and I am so so curious as to how they are made from sweaters...I'm not looking for another addiction...but have you taught these in a class?
I've hearted them...alpaca is so soft and warm!

smashing.etsy.com said...

you're so pretty T!
and your yarn creations are pretty too! :)

LazyTcrochet said...

Aww thanks......blush!
No, just some craft sewing zjayne. I'm much better at crochet : )

marsha said...

oh my!!!!!!!!! you've got a great backdrop for your blog now! :D
it's looking FAB!!!!

I'm totally in love with that freeform cuff ... it's so uber sweet!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oh just a bunch of my favorite things--pretty crochet, red rick rack, buttons, yoyos, and even Baby Ruth!! Very nice!
Smiles, Karen

AddThis