Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's Fashion Week in the Big Apple


I admit it. I'm a fashion groupie wanna-be. I watch from afar in my lazy chair, hoping to get a glimpse of inspiration.
Diane Von Furstenberg - Halston - Oscar de la Renta - all showing their best and, sometimes, brightest.
I am most drawn to hats and outerwear. I see the slouchy beret is still on the runway.
Bubble hems - Plaid - Ruffles...check. Black and White - 80's shoulders? - maybe.

(Oh how I'd love to plaster this page with photos of my favs, but the whole copyright/blog etiquette issue has me bewildered.)

The New York Times has a Fashion Show page in their Fashion and Style section. It's updated daily with all the latest. Check it out for a gorgeous array of slide shows. Maybe you'll be inspired too!

There are a lot of great fashion blogs out there. I like checking in on Teen Vogue - The New York Post's Haute List - Daily Fashion Report from LookOnline. One of my favorite places to check-in is the Fashionist, a blog of street fashions from San Francisco.

2 comments:

smashing.etsy.com said...

yummers!
why aren't we there in person watching the shows? :)
thanks for the links!

Home Hooked Creations said...

I love fashion week too! It would be very exciting to go to the shows in person.

AddThis