Sunday, March 30, 2008

New Handbags


I find it funny sometimes when I start a project and it becomes something else altogether. I cut some fabric strips and crocheted the base of a handbag. I had some pretty embroidered black fabric that I made a bag with a liner. I was going to place the fabric bag inside the crocheted base. But...the base bag got off to such a great start that I decided that it deserved to be a bag in itself. I'll finish off the other fabric tote next. For now, I need to cut some more strips and decide if I want these large silver rings or a crocheted handle. We shall see....

2 comments:

BackwoodSophisticate said...

Oh, I really like that! I like the way fabric looks when it is crocheted.
I have tagged you on my blog. Read it to check out the details.

marsha said...

i'm liking those rings! they give the bag an edge! so cool!

AddThis