Friday, April 18, 2008

Fiber Friday!!



I bought myself a belated birthday present.... since I didn't get any yarn.
I have a thing for bumpy homespun wool. I'm not sure what I'm going to make with it - perhaps a scarf. Check out BeesKneesKnitting at Etsy for a gorgeous selection.


There has been much discussion in the fiber world regarding the welfare of sheep and the wool industry. I highly recommend buying locally from a cruelty-free farm.
I once sat and watched my sister pick an amazing amount of fur from her angora rabbit as it sat peacefully on her lap. Here are some fibers from her farm and SnowWaterWoolworks.

Oh and she just emailed me this picture of a surprise addition to their flock...welcome Brighid!

1 comment:

Melissa Aubrey said...

oh, how sweet! have fun with your new yarn!

AddThis