Thursday, May 8, 2008

Jolly Green Giant


The asparagus is up in our garden. Boy is it up! We have so much of it that we have to give lots away. We eat so much of it that we have a constant "Eau D'Asparagus." (Check out this WebMD article for more information.)
I like my asparagus crisp. If it's mushy, I can't eat it. This includes soups, unfortunately. We most often sauté it in olive oil and sprinkle it with lemon pepper seasoning, or just lemon juice. It's wonderful fresh, chopped up in a salad, or blanched with pasta (just add it to the pasta water when the pasta is almost done).
Victoria Island Farms has an online booklet with over 60 asparagus recipes to try!
I think the Alpine Asparagus Quiche will be served up for Mother's Day.
Do you have a favorite asparagus recipe?

3 comments:

Kellybot said...

I'm jealous! I can't wait for asparagus season in MN (should be soon...).

kathy said...

my favorite recipe just involves melted butter hee hee!
way to go green thumb! :)

Glorious Hats said...

Oh so yummy, it will be a little before asparagus peaks through the soil here, this has heightened my anticipation. The first few stalks never make it all the way to the house. ;)

It is a lovely companion to morel mushrooms.

AddThis