Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Old World Style



I was browsing Old World Shoppes on Etsy and came across these beautiful hand-embroidered felt rings by Waterrose. There are so many beautiful colors and designs to choose from. Each one is unique.

I love seeing vintage embroidery style on newly-handcrafted designs. This Antique Morning Glories Cuff Bracelet is a fine example. Working the intricate vines and textures of the flowers, along with the botanical textbook-like illustrations, Waterrose's free-hand embroidery adds an old world style to a modern accessory. Needlework designs like this are truly exceptional!
Check out the Embroidery 101 video tutorial on Waterrose Handcrafted Obsessions blog. And stay-tuned....it sounds like there's more to come!
Search OWS on Etsy for more nostalgic, traditionally handcrafted goodness from Old World Shoppes.

5 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

She does beautiful work

Autonomous Artisans said...

Great finds! Thanks for sharing.They are gorgeous.

Alpaca Granny said...

Those are lovely.
Maple

earthlingorgeous said...

Hi LazyTcrochet,

Off topic. Thanks for dropping by my blog and telling me of your trouble reading it. I fixed it now. See if you can read I made the text darker. Thanks so much!

By the way, love these crafts. :) and I agree we should learn a lot and practice saving every penny we could, life is so hard these days.

LazyTcrochet said...

Thanks earthlinggorgeous! I'll be over to see!

AddThis