Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pussytoes


I rescued the hillside from my husband and the lawnmower. I wanted to get a picture of these flowers that grow among the grass and creeping phlox, but they just blended in.
Here's the best close-up shot I could get.

After doing some research, I found that these are probably Pink Pussytoes or Pink Everlasting Scientific Name: Antennaria rosea Family: Asteraceae (More information here.)

My Mom always called these Pussy Feet, but I really wasn't sure. I am still not sure whether they will open up or change color any more. They are usually mowed-over by now. There is a flower called Pussy Foot, but it's slightly different and low to the ground. These are stalky with 6 -1 0" stems.

They do look like cat's toes, don't they?

3 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Whatever they are, I love 'em

Banana-head Pancake said...

they do look like cat toes! I think I like that name better!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Yes they DO look like cat toes! So pretty and fuzzy.
Smiles, Karen

AddThis