Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Garden of Whimsy


I spent hours weeding yesterday. The heat and consistent rains have everything growing quickly...including the weeds! I hope to keep up with it, although I say that every year. Eventually I just give up and let the weeds take over. We'll see.

Maybe I need some of these Veggie Folk to keep me in line. This grumpy red onion dude looks like he'd be pretty mad if I let the weeds grow up around him. I don't grow carrots, (mainly because no one here will eat them) but just imagine having these eyes pop out at you from your garden! LOL I think they would add some fun to any garden.
These fun Veggie Folk are available at gobbledygookdecor on Etsy. Oh and check out their website at Gobbledygook Creature Decor (www.gobbledygookdecor.com)
The scarecrow kits and skull are right up my alley MUUUHAAHAAAHAAAAA!



If you prefer an indoor garden, check out SevenAcreWoods on Etsy. They have Indoor Citrus Tree Kits to grow Limes or Valencia Oranges, plus other flowers and vegetable seed kits. They're offering free Morning Glory seeds for all orders placed in June!

9 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

What cute faces the veggie people have..everything is just great..I like that orange tree..

Fog and Thistle said...

super cute.
I'm a fan of that pumpkin headed scarecrow!

High Desert Diva said...

Well wouldn't it be cool to grown oranges and limes....hmmmm


The weeds are winning here, btw. The tumble weed....aaarrgghhhh!

Paper Girl Productions said...

heh heh..love those carrot faces!

littlebird said...

love those veggie folk, they make me smile.

ThePeachTree said...

Oh my goodness, juice just came out my nose but it was totally worth it. Man, are those funny!!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Cool!! I love the citrus trees--my Aunty Dolly had a lemon tree in her home for years that I had completely forgotten about until now. Hmmm.....
Smiles, Karen

marsha said...

Hahahaha.....thosea re adorable!!! I honestly wish I had a house with garden to grow my own veggies in! That way, I could 'look' like I grow my own veggies cos I'll have all these veggie monsters as disguise! Good grief, I'm such a non-green fingers ... any plant I touch breathes it's last breath! :(

Gabriel's Aunt said...

Wow, the indoor growing kits are amazing! I have wanted to grow some citrus somehow but it is difficult here in the Northwest!

AddThis