Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Knitter's Notes from the Iowa flood...


(Michelle Edwards' Lace Shawl)

I was reading an article on the Lion Brand website entitled "A Knitter's Notes from the Iowa flood" by Michelle Edwards. It's an inspiring story of the valiant efforts of the communities to work together in fighting the flood, the fear and apprehension and a longing for peace. Michelle talks about how this has affected her knitting style, colors, and pattern choices. "I wanted to feel the calm descend as I watched the shawl develop."

Enjoy her article HERE on the Lion Brand website. There are also links to the local disaster relief organizations.

Oh and Yay! I'm Indiepublic Member of the Day today!
http://www.indiepublic.com/

2 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Congrats on the IndiePublic feature!

Rosebud Collection said...

I enjoy the Lion Brand site too..
Congrats on your IndiePublic write up..Good for you..

AddThis