Saturday, June 14, 2008

World Wide Knit In Public Day


Today, June 14th, is World Wide Knit in Public Day! Started in 2005 by Danielle Landes, WWKiP Day began as a way for knitters to come together and well, knit! Knitting has become more popular lately, but many times people sit and knit alone. This is a world-wide event that allows people to find an event in their area, spend some time together and see what other people are knitting.

Visit the WWKiP website and click on the "Find a Kip" link to find an event in your area. Searching Ohio, I found 7 locations where people will be gathered to Knit in Public.
Oh and happy Flag Day too! I almost forgot. Shame on me!


As for me, I need to supervise while my hubby fixes the brakes on my car. So, knitting in the driveway may have to suffice!
Here's what's on the needles today.... orange cotton that will become a bracelet or cuff, we'll see!

2 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Supervise, huh?

Best of luck with the brake repair...not fun to deal with.

Rosebud Collection said...

I enjoy knitting/crocheting..Very peaceful. The sad thing with me, I work in spurts..That color you are working with is lovely..Very soft.

AddThis