Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fun Friday

We had a great day in Pittsburgh on Friday. Ikea was fun. Lots of things to look at and dream about there. Unfortunately three specific items that I had picked out online were out of stock. I wanted a particular clothing rack for my Fall shows, a printer stand with book shelves, and some Roman shades that I had all the measurements ready for. What a bummer.

I picked up some remnant fabric, a candle, and a cool hanger. I thought the hanger would be a great way to display scarves.


Here are a few pictures from the zoo. The polar bears weren't swimming, although it was a very hot day. This baby elephant was born less than 24 hours earlier. It was difficult to get a good shot through the glass, especially with so many people crowded around to see the sweet little girl.

I'm not sure what happened to this gibbon's arm, but it was such a pretty shot that I thought it deserved to be blogged.

Last, but not least, was this fun car we saw in Ikea's parking lot. The kids are ready to paint my old Honda now!

What's next? My niece is visiting from Finland. She saw my post on rye bread and said she was craving Finnish rye and that nothing compared to it. So, after some internet research she was able to find a recipe that we're going to try. That and veggie burgers. I'll let you know how it turns out.

5 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

What a fun day--shopping and a zoo trip! I love to visit the zoo, and haven't been for a while.... you have just given me the push to go! The baby elephant is sooo cute.
Smiles, Karen

Caroline said...

! That car is sweet (it reminds me of Jelene's pop art: jelene.etsy.com)

And now I want a baby elephant of my very own!

Art By MAR said...

Hello from a fellow Pittsburgher! I love the zoo, we have not gone yet this year-can't wait to see the new baby. Need a trip to Ikea too--have promised my daughter new furniture for her room.

High Desert Diva said...

Bummer about the items you wanted being out of stock...the hanger looks perfect for scarves though!

Walk in the Woods said...

What an awesome vehicle!

AddThis