Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sit Back, Relax, and Catch Up


I have always loved early mornings. In the dark of winter I love to knit by the woodstove and sip my coffee, enjoying the quiet before the day begins.
This morning I enjoyed a dew-soaked walk through the garden. I picked the last of the asparagus, some lettuce and some herbs. The picture above was a hen turkey hiding in the wheat a few weeks ago. She spotted me and took off. The wheat is now higher, but not quite ripe.
I've been so busy lately that I'm longing to make something with some of the gorgeous yarns that I have stashed away. I've been blogging a lot of personal and family milestones lately. I enjoy writing about gardening and recipes, Etsy, of course, and my love for all things fiber.
Not too long ago, I was addicted to crochet. I would be constantly working and finishing many things. Now that I'm not doing as many local shows, I've sort of relaxed and am really enjoying my work. I'll knit if I want to, sew a small project and, when I'm not busy painting the kitchen, mix in a little crochet. I have several designs planned for Fall, but I'm trying to be realistic about what I'll get done. I do want to have a full shop in October, so I'm glad I'm not doing my usual October shows.
So, as I sort through my bins of delight and make plans to catch up on inventory for Fall, I'll show you a glimpse of some handspuns that caught my eye on Etsy. These are from my friends at EtsyFAST (Fiber Arts Street Team).










Cantaloupe Garden - from kittygrrlz

Rose Garden - from blackmustard


Campfire from beeskneesknitting

11 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Gorgeous picks!

Collette said...

Very pretty!!
Collette

consolidate debts said...

really gorgeous pics. Keep them posting

Sew Bettie said...

Dew soaked mornings remind me of growing up in Ohio.

blackmustard said...

Thank you so much for featuring my yarn. It's an honor to be included alongside knittygrrlz and beeskneesknitting - 2 of my favorites!

Lily - Tulip's Talking from the said...

I very much enjoyed your blog. Your outdoor life grabs at my longing spirit. I LOVE and MISS a true change of seasons. And though I didn't realize it until adulthood, I deeply miss our garden. There is nothing like playing outside, getting hungry, running to the garden to pick your choice of vegetable, rinse it off in the hose, and eat while you are running off to play again.

Thanks for the visuals...

Lily

Can you eat a turkey hen and do you?

LazyTcrochet said...

Thanks all. Yes, Lily. I think the gobblers are what they hunt for around here. This lonely hen runs the neighborhood around here though. It was a rare sight to see her so close and hiding so well.

storybeader said...

great looking yarn - love how the colors change. The thing about yarn: there are so many techniques to apply it to. I don't knit or crochet - my hands are not coordinated, but I love the look and feel of finished products.

And I am extremely envious of your asparagus; hope you enjoyed them.

Patrizia said...

Beautiful pictures. I love early mornings as well the way you described knitting on winter mornings sounds so inviting.

Miss B said...

All these gorgeous fibers are inspiring me to pick up my knitting needles early this year!

Cheers,

Becky

Kitty Grrlz Knits & Spins! said...

thank you so much for including my yarn in your post!

AddThis