Thursday, July 3, 2008

Passion



"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~ Julia Child


This quote struck me as being applicable for so many aspects of life. As I contemplate what to cook over the fire for the weekend's festivities, my intent is to incorporate the many fresh herbs and salad greens that are available in the garden. My husband and I are both passionate about food and enjoy cooking outdoors. There is a grill that swings out over the fire with a hook from which to hang the cast iron dutch oven.
Dutch oven cooking is so versatile. You can make anything from a roast or stew, to biscuits or cobbler. In keeping with the healthy intent of the weekend, I may roast a chicken with rosemary and thyme and serve some fresh fruit for dessert. The customary s'mores ingredients will be on hand for those with a sweet tooth!
I can't help it....I am passionate about food. I am also passionate for yarn, but that goes without saying anymore. I'll be knitting away this weekend.
I'd love to hear what you're passionate about!

4 comments:

GrayEyedScorpio said...

I'm with you. Gardening is a passion of mine, though my bent (ability-wise) is more on the perennial side.

I love to cook with fresh, farmer's market produce though.

Callooh Callay said...

Sounds delicious! I'm passionate about literature and art. I like cooking too, but it's more of a love-hate affair (depends on how much time I have).

High Desert Diva said...

That lettuce looks scrumptious!

Amber Rose said...

Yummm, that all sounds so delish! :) Hope the weekend goes well!

AddThis