Friday, July 18, 2008

Project Get Lots Done While He's Gone - Day 1


In hopes of keeping up my momentum and encouraging myself to get a lot of work done while he's gone for a long weekend, I've decided to blog my progress each day.
This is the shawl that I started with the Teaberry homespun. It is a cotton/poly blend and has a wonderful drape to it. I chose to crochet it with a lacey v-stitch pattern. This yarn would have knitted well with beautiful stitching, but I opted for crochet since I can finish it faster.

I did break out the humungous knitting needles and knit this scarf fairly quickly. It was an experiment in yarns. I have some color combinations in mind that I will be able to use up some scrap yarns for more big needle scarves.

That's not too bad for my first day. I'll be working on the shawl today. It will work up more slowly as it gets bigger. You start at the center top and it works fairly quickly to begin with. Now that it's bigger, it takes longer to do each row increase. I'm not rushing it though.

I also received a package in the mail from Joanns. They had a coupon email offer that I took advantage of last week. I got some gorgeous black wool and this shimmery wool/nylon blend yarn. I'm picturing a hood similar to the hooded scarf I made last year, but perhaps on a bolero jacket or something. There's probably not enough yarn for a project like that though.

It will be another skorcher of a day here. Maybe I'll have a film festival and work in the a/c.
Good luck and have a great day!

5 comments:

Jamie Ferraioli said...

Ooh, I have a few balls of that yarn you received from Joanne's, but it's orangey-yellow. I've yet to figure out what to use it for. But I love the way it looks.

Patti said...

What great fun to have projects lined up for "alone time"!

A Keeper's Jackpot said...

I had to laugh at the ginormous knitting needles. I myself have size 15 I think? I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get them on an airplane in my carry on, LOL.

Stormy Designs said...

Shawl is going to be gorgeous. Turn on the AC.

Lily - Tulip's Talking from the said...

I have recently begun learning how to knit, and I started with the same size knitting needles and LOVE them. I have made one wrap and am on my second. Hope to post them on Etsy, if I can part with them that is...

AddThis