Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Purple Tea






I went to make some sun tea and realized that the only tea bags I had were blueberry-flavored Green Tea with Purple Antioxidants. It was a bit bland-tasting, but I thought it made a pretty picture.

I was curious what would come up if I searched "purple tea" on Etsy. I found some cute purple tea cozies and some tea pot appliques. These Face Cups from amandamoon were so cool. I just had to show them to you.

And last, but not least, the wild rhododendron that we dug up from the woods has finally bloomed. It's been growing for years since we transplanted it, but this is the first that it actually bloomed.

11 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

The tea is a pretty color..Like the mugs..Your rhododendron is beautiful.

High Desert Diva said...

Love the mugs...interesting that they came up in that search!

Congrats on finally getting a bloom!

Hey Harriet said...

Very pretty tea. Even if it tasted wonderful I wouldn't appreciate it. I think tea is icky tasting!I'm an uncouth coffee drinker ;)

The flower is sweet!

LazyTcrochet said...

Oh yes...I am much more a coffee-lover than tea.

Angie said...

Even though you said it was bland - it sounds like it was still pretty tasty, and it definitly made a nice picture :)

Sew Bettie said...

The tea color is so pretty - too bad it didn't taste as good as it looks!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Hmmm--pretty purple tea and lovely wildflowers--I like it!! I haven't tried the blueberry green tea yet, but it sounds good (weirdly enough, I like my tea a little bland)
Smiles, Karen

M.K. Lawrie said...

You should try making a hibiscus ice tea (like tazo passion tea). It is also very pretty, but *much* tastier.

K.C. said...

I loved the mugs as well. Have never seen purple tea.. Too bad that the taste wasn't as great as the color...

The flowers.. now they were beautiful.. Kayce

Megan Coyle said...

your picture of the tea is fantastic

Carla Sonheim said...

rye... yum!

AddThis