Friday, September 12, 2008

Classic Black

Ask me when I was little and I almost always said "Blue!"
Without a doubt, black is my favorite color and has been for quite some time. No, I was never into the Goth scene and I don't always wear black. Many people wear black because they believe it makes them look thinner. I just find that, in fashion, black is sleek and classic.

I sorted through my supplies and realized that I have enough black yarn to make approximately 4 sweaters! There are a few purse handles waiting for inspiration along with a beautiful (but way too small, even for my daughter) black sweater with a feathered collar. I believe it is wool, but I'll have to remove the feathers if I wash or "full" it. I'm sure I'll find something fun to make with all these things.

I don't often make things to keep for myself. I so love making something and showing it off on Etsy or at craft fairs. I am, however, making a Luna Lovegood-style cardigan in black. I hope it looks good on me! Here are some of my favorite past designs in black. And, since the EtsyBloggers Blog Carnival themes are either your favorite color, or to tell about a challenge or contest, this post fits both themes. I designed this black clutch for a Wedding Challenge and it received the most votes in the Fiber Arts category (originally posted here). That was a lot of fun!

23 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

cool scarf... Reminds me of one my Aunt once made me .. I loved it ...it was EXTRA long and very warm.

Dayna said...

great scarf but I love that little clutch. Wouldn't have any use for it but it is so sweet looking.

Rosebud Collection said...

I like black also..Just like the way it looks on things..Nice picks.

ChichiBoulie said...

OOh, that bag is delicious!

shells said...

Hey, thanks for having a look at my blog! I love the things you make, they look so cosy and warm :)

nuvonova said...

Wow! That clutch is AMAZING!

Shell Mitchell said...

I blogged about black as my favorite color too:)
Beautiful pieces - the clutch is to die for!!

Jennifer said...

I love that purse! The scarf looks so cozy too...wonderful stuff!

roseworksjewelry said...

I would love to see that sweater your making yourself when its done! Sounds wonderful! Post pics :)

TNT2008 said...

Luna Lovegood! Are you getting the newest book?

tatsuko said...

I love black too!

I really like the green shrug in your shop - that's my other colour of choice :)

Debra said...

That bag rocks!!

agoodwitchtoo said...

That clutch is stunning!

luluvillage said...

Lovely, lovely purses!

Lily - Tulip's Talking from the said...

All beautiful black things you have here, I especially like the top pix of the purse.

So, it is not true that black makes you look thinner? I think I am going to cry...

~Lily

Hey Harriet said...

These are all beautiful! I also love black. I have to confess to being part of the gothy scene for a short while. I didn't last long as I was kicked out for smiling...

Jenny said...

Black is my fave too...

That purse... is adorable. Actually it's more than adorable... It's prefect.

Myfanwy said...

Lovely bag, great scarf. Black can be so elegant.

storybeader said...

that black clutch is beautiful!
I guess there are different shades of black, but they probably go together! {:-Deb

Linda said...

Beautiful creations, I really like that bag!

Yazmin said...

I love that purse and clutch...they're both fantastic!

Senora Muertos said...

I have to agree with everyone, that clutch is sooooo cute!

glorybe1024 said...

I love the first purse...great post!

AddThis