Monday, September 8, 2008

Glow In The Dark Yarn


When my kids were little I crocheted slippers and used glow-in-the-dark fabric paint dots on the bottom to make them non-skid, or less slippery. It was fun, but at the time I was thinking how cool it would be to have glow-in-the-dark yarn.

Bernat has introduced Glow In The Dark yarns! What a fun embellishment yarn that will be. Of course I instantly think Halloween and spooky crafts. Think of all the other ideas for kids safety - backpacks, hats, mittens, bicycle gear, etc. I may have to make my husband a glow hat for commuting.

With the light pastel colors available from Bernat, handmade glow worm-type dolls will be all the rage!

Bernat's Glow In The Dark yarn is now available at some Michael's, Pat Catan's, or Hobby Lobby Stores. Here's a link to find some in your area... Find Glow In The Dark Yarn.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg! I love it!

Betani said...

I've got to try that yarn out! I don't know what I'd make with it, but it's too fun not to have in the stash!

Sandee said...

Oh I love that bag sew much!!

Unknown said...

I saw it this weekend and had to fight the urge to purchase for the stash. I need to sell some items before getting more yarn =(

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest thing since the etsyBloggers Team was created!

I am off for some of that glow in the dark yarn.

Love the BOO Bag!!!

~Lily

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's cool!

Meri Greenleaf said...

How cool! I'm going to have to pick up some of that yarn. :)

Erika said...

I was ready to by the boo bag until I realized I had to make it! and thanks for the info about the non-slippery socks. I have been wanting to make socks for the kids but with non-skid stuff....

storybeader said...

what a great idea - I've seen bright, but not glow-in-the-dark! Funny nobody thought of it until now - or have they...

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Cooooooool!!

Anonymous said...

I found the glow in the dark yarn at Michael's yesterday and they charge $3.99 for 1.4 oz.

~Lily

Stela said...

That is such an amazing idea! The glow in the dark yarn is PERFECT for little trick or treating bags!

Mama Z said...

That bag is so cute!!! Love the idea of the glow in the dark yarn!

rockcreekcreations said...

I saw the glow in the dark yarn at michael's the other day, but didn't think I'd have a use for it. But now that I think of it, it might be good to just have around and glow!!

AddThis