Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I've got the blues


I don't often choose blue. I don't know why. Blue used to be my favorite color when I was little. I think it was probably because everyone told me that it matches my eyes. Nowadays, I opt for black more than any other color.
I've just had a total lack of concentration today. I've been trying to finish the last sleeve of this sweater and have had to rip it out 4 times today! I keep messing up the count. At least crochet is easy to tear it out to an exact point and start again. But, when I keep messing up over and over again, something tells me I should just walk away. Maybe it was the long weekend? Maybe because it's not a color that I like? Maybe because it's 85 degrees in September! I think I'll move on to something else....



I'm thinking I need another cowl like this one that I made last year. This was one-of-a-kind yarn, but I'm sure I can find something pretty. I really liked this design. No wonder I can't concentrate! Too many ideas, so little time.

6 comments:

small cap stock said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hey Harriet said...

I think you were just having one of 'those' days. I have lots of 'those' days. They pass though! :) I like the cowl!

High Desert Diva said...

Yep...I always take moments like this as a sign to move on to something different...

Helen said...

Black is my favorite color but it's so hard to knit with black yarn and even harder to find the mistakes.
I have those rip-out days all the time. Just put it aside for a day or two and you'll return with a fresh perspective :)

Anitra Cameron said...

Well, no wonder you can't concentrate. That cowl is practically screaming at me to get my own crochet hook out. (Probably would if there were a pattern, but I'll just call it a wonderful design and leave it. Dang.)

La Alicia said...

we all have those distracted days! hope today is better! :)

AddThis