Monday, October 6, 2008

Autumn Leaf Festival


We went to Homecoming at Clarion University of Pennsylvania's Autumn Leaf Festival. My college roommate now lives in Clarion with her family and we got to tour her beautiful house! She runs an antique shop with her Mom and Dad. It is located in a renovated fraternity house, so at homecoming it gets lots of visitors commenting how beautiful the house is now. Here's a picture of Jennifer and me in front of the Fulmer House. (That's me in the shades.)

The parade is one of the largest I've ever been to. The floats are sometimes quite extravagant. Here are a few favorites...

And Franco Harris was on an Obama float! The crowd was cheering the former Steeler. I heard that Lynn Swann (another former Steeler) was on a McPalin float, but I must have missed it.

We took the kids on a quick tour of campus and the book store. Some gyros, cheesecake on a stick, and typical fair food topped off the day.

10 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Beautiful day for a parade!

Anonymous said...

Are you the one on the left in the pix of you and your friend?

I LOVE and MISS all the small town feeling, events, and simple pleasures.

Debra said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!

nichole said...

Ahhh, a blue October sky is one of my favorite things. Looks like a fabulous day!

Erika said...

I can only imagine what the old fraternity house used to look like! Kudos to your friend for making it better.

I am glad that I moved to another place with a small town feel; I enjoy the parades, etc....

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Looks like fun :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun!

MMMM... gyros! And cheesecake on a stick?? Isn't everything better on a stick... :)

Devin J. Garman said...

Gyros and cheese stakes sound good. Maybe I will have to look in to that on my way through Philly this weekend.

BeadedTail said...

What a beautiful day for a parade! It looked like a lot of fun and how cool to see former Steelers players!

Emily of Ella-Bear Bowtique said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

AddThis