Monday, October 27, 2008

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?

I do...that's who!
Any chance I get to pick up a cool button, I grab it. I made lots of button scarves last year and intend on making lots more. Some buttons will wait until the perfectly matching yarn or fabric appears. It's great having a wide selection of big buttons to choose from.
Here are two new scarflettes that I'll be adding to my Etsy shop. The blue/green yarn is called Lagoon. It reminds me of the Loch Ness monster, so I added a picot edge and a celtic-style carved bone button. For the soft, creamy homespun, I added these faux bois toggle buttons.

I also finished this wrap over the weekend. It is knit from handspun merino wool in a wonderfully soft Terra Cotta. The buttons are 3" in diameter, handcarved from Argentina. I knew I had to create something special to use those spectacular buttons!
Be on the lookout for more button designs in the LazyTcrochet Boutique!

6 comments:

TotusMel said...

Wow the buttons on that last one a huge...it's almost makes it look like a dolls wrap!

moxylyn said...

I love those scarflettes! I will have to keep you bookmarked. If I make alot of money this holiday season I will be on the lookout for scarves and scarflettes!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Lovely and fun! I dig those giant buttons - nicely done!

Stela said...

how beautiful!!

TiLT said...

I WANT YOUR BUTTONS :)
They look amazing on your already beautiful scarf/scarflettes!

Anonymous said...

I love those huge buttons. Amazing. All your projects are beautiful.

AddThis