Saturday, October 11, 2008

Notes from the Trail


No...I haven't been to the trail in weeks! I thought maybe if I put up my "Notes from the Trail" post it would help get me motivated to do so later today. So...I'll update with real notes from the trail later to prove that I actually went.



In other news, I am finally allowed to use these old wool trousers that have been hanging in the back of the closet for many many years. He hated to part with them, but they are thread bare in places and don't fit anymore. Ha! I don't have any specific plans for them yet, but the classic wool has lots of recycle, reuse, upcycle potential!

Today, I'll be enjoying the kids' last soccer game of the season, making applesauce and an apple pie, and finishing a purse I've been working on.

I'll leave you with this fun bit....from drunkcyclist's blog:

"If you bought $1000 of stock a year ago, you would now have:

$91.28 if you bought Washington Mutual

$37.50 if you bought Neomagic

$21.29 if you bought Freddie Mac

$20.79 if you bought Fannie Mae

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the recycling REFUND… You would have $… 214.00 in cash.

So the best investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

It’s called the 401-Keg Plan"

7 comments:

Rose Works Jewelry said...

I must admit I was skeptical when I saw you comment in the forums that you'd written something on the economy - I'm getting so tired of hearing it! But this was well worth it :)

agoodwitchtoo said...

That sounds like something I'm capable of doing :) Maybe I'll start that experiment with the beer... LOL!

Very nice light take on it all :)

BeadedTail said...

Cute post today! Can't wait to see what you do with those wool trousers and love the 401-Keg plan!

Stop by my blog today, I have something for you!

shannon said...

I'm glad you're recycling old wool- go green!

Head Bitch in Charge said...

Funny, I was just looking at the wool pants in the back of my closet too! And your trail looks beautiful! The trail near my home has been much affected by a new housing developement - the extra run-off has made it a swamp! I covet your lovely trail...

TNT2008 said...

Lovely trail....

Can't stomach beer after college; I will have to try something else!

maryeb said...

I don't like beer but I love that 401 Keg plan. How very clever.

AddThis