Thursday, October 23, 2008

Notes from the Trail


I finally dusted off my running shoes and made it to the trail yesterday. My husband showed me a different trail network and I allowed him to take off without be because I have to go at my own pace. It was a beautiful, secluded woods in maple-sugar country. The leaves were crisp and noisy on the trail, but at least they weren't wet and slippery. The loop was short, so I pushed myself to do three rounds. The difference between the trails is intense because of the hills. Previously running on a flat rail bed, my behind was not at all used to it.
Anyone who has read previous "Notes from the Trail" might recall that I have a Nike+ gadget in my shoe that tracks my pace, distance, etc. through my iPod Nano. In the past I've received post-run congratulations from Lance Armstrong or Paula Radcliffe, marking various milestones and achievements. While the run ended silently this time, I was half-expecting a voice to say "Where the #### have you been, you fat #####!"" LOL Silence is kind. It felt great!

7 comments:

uniquecommodities said...

incredible views! That looks like a postcard! With your gorgeous views..maybe you ought to start making post cards!

Tulip's Talking said...

Oooohhhh, breath taking. I lived in an area like the picture looks like for a few years. Beautifulled.

As far as running, my front end and back end would feel the same. Horrified! LOL

~Lily

storybeader said...

you've got some beautiful scenery to run through, that's a plus. Just think, next time will be easier.... I don't run.....

Head Bitch in Charge said...

I dusted off my shoes yesterday too! Although I was never a jogger to begin with really. But this is certainly a beautiful time of year to be running outside. Enjoy it before it gets too yucky to do so!

Walk in the Woods said...

Oh my, how lovely! Thanks for sharing a little bit of your life with us. :)

Tulip's Talking said...

Please visit...you have been tagged

http://tulipstalking.blogspot.com/2008/10/recently-listed.html

w/o obligation of course...:o)

zJayne said...

This picture is wonderful T !

AddThis