Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sweet Treat


Craving chocolate, but trying to stay out of the kids Halloween candy? Here's an easy sweet treat to try. Wash and dry a bunch of grapes, allowing them to sit at room temperature so they're completely dry. Snip them into tiny bunches of 2 or 3 grapes per stem. (Any type of grapes will do.) Melt a 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or any other of your favorite chocolate (I love Ghirardelli semi-sweet). Dip the bottoms of the grapes in the chocolate and place them on waxed paper to cool. Let sit or refrigerate to set the chocolate. Let the kids help. They can have the individual grapes that fall off to scrape out the chocolate bowl at the end! I like to make these at Thanksgiving. They make a fun addition to a fruit tray and having the little stem makes them easy-to-grab snacks. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Oooo - that sounds really nummy!

liz aka hobbledehoy said...

yum! That sounds divine!

Benettor said...

and your work is great .. i love them all

TNT2008 said...

I like to dip strawberries in white chocolate. I add a little crisco, melt, and dip. It is oh, so yummy....

My hubby is crazy about grapes--will have to try this for him.

TiLT said...

One word...YUMMY!!!!!

MonikaRose said...

G'day, hmmm, grapes and chocolate, have not tried that combo yet. Might have to, sounds delicous. Have a great day and visit me @ http://monikarosecrochets.blogspot.com/ and here monikarose.etsy.com
Cya MonikaROse :)

moxylyn said...

hmm.. I'm on my way to the store in a bit. I may have to try this 2nite!

Alex Gold said...

I really like your post.It's very informative and interesting. I really appreciate that.thanks !!! POGO support also Call +1-800-231-4635 USA (Toll Free).

AddThis