Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tag...You're It


I've been blogging for a year and a half...or so. I haven't kept track of how many times I have been "tagged" by other bloggers. Lately, though, it has been a LOT!! The EtsyBloggers street team has been having a lot of fun playing tag. To play, you post six secrets, or things people don't know about you, then you are supposed to tag more people and so on.
Ok....I'm finally going to play. I don't like tagging other people, though, so feel free to play along if you wish!

Let's see.
#1 - I'm a foodie. I learned to cook at a very young age and picked up all the best baking secrets from my Grandmother, Beatrice. Basic comfort food and recipes were from my Mom, Judy. Barbecue secrets and all things meat were thanks to my Dad, Fran. (Both Fran and Judy are former BBQ champions and have their own brand of sauces and seasonings.)

#2 - I worked as a Roving Reporter, summers during college. I would ask current-events questions, record the answers from people on the street, take their picture (and develop my own black and white film). Not my favorite job, but I suppose it helped break my "shell." I was caught once saying "nucular" and learned my lesson then!

#3 - I used to play the trombone. As much as I love loud, alternative, modern rock (Rob Zombie, The White Stripes, Saliva), you'll find me blasting a big band station and listening to Jack Teagarden, Count Basie, or Dixieland Jazz. Yeah, I enjoy a wide range of music, Beatles to Bing Crosby. I love Bluegrass, but not so much modern country.

#4 - I LOVE SNOW!!!! There's nothing more peaceful than a pretty snowfall. I love to ski cross-country and ski out the back door when there's enough snow. I don't do down-hill.

#5 - Give me a good cup of coffee and I'll love you forever. I like beer too.

#6 - I sometimes catch myself watching Sportscenter with Mike and Mike in the Morning. I know, I know. He leaves for work and leaves it on and "ooh Steeler highlights!" Oh yeah, I should turn it off. I'm not a sports geek, but I like Mike....and Mike.

10 comments:

glorybe1024 said...

Thanks for playing along...it is great to learn more about you. You are one of my bloggy favorites!!

God bless!!
~gloria

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Fun facts to learn!

TiLT said...

I get left with Mike & mike on also...but I change it.
And do you want my snow? I'll send it over when it comes :)

Tulip's Talking said...

Love it!

storybeader said...

Great post - feel I know you better now! And I'm not a sports freak, but I love basketball.

High Desert Diva said...

Always fun to read. I love the ice photo!

Rosebud Collection said...

You did very good with the tag..I laughed about the beer..I think beer is a good drink..it is the Polish in me. Not crazy about snow..in fact, not crazy about winter..but you are smart..cross country skiing..good way to go through the winters..

agoodwitchtoo said...

I loves me some Rob Zombie!!!

Debra said...

Coffee and Beer...love them too!

Devin J. Garman said...

You have good taste in music, beverages, and television. That must be like the trifecta or something.

AddThis