Monday, November 3, 2008

It's Show Time

I've been working non-stop trying to prepare for my first show of the season. Christmas already? Yes. Every year the local historical society holds their Tour of Homes Christmas Walk....the weekend after Halloween. I know - that's a bit early. (I admit that I like seeing the Christmas lights already.) Last year I had to empty my Etsy shop in order to have enough items for the show. This show runs two weekends and I have no idea what sold or not until I go into town and check.
This year, I vowed to have enough items so that I can keep my online boutique up and running during my shows. That makes things a lot more stressful and busy for this time of year, but when the shows are over, I'll have lots of new items to add to the shop.
I couldn't wait to show off this funky new design. I thought it was much better suited for the Etsy clientele and it probably wouldn't be appreciated by the local craft show ladies. 'Close Encounters of the Hooded Kind' is what my son thought I should call it. I put that in the listing, but thought the title should be more descriptive to show up in a search. Check out the Winter Wool Buttoned Hood. It was fun to make.

8 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

Love this hood! And the name 'close encounters of the hooded kind' is great! Wish I could borrow your son to give my things cool titles :)

Art By MAR said...

Love the hood! I have been trying to crochet again (Grandma taught me when I was a child). I am not getting too far though! Admire your talent.

Cindy said...

Very nice hood! I like your sons idea for the name. How clever.

315thomas said...

i am loving this hood - looks so cozy!

Ragtree said...

It is beautiful! I admire your talent. I have attempted crocheting and knitting and I end up in knots, literally!

Renee :)

TNT2008 said...

I love the name your son gave--it sounds like something my hubby would say.
I like this hat http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7489228&ref=em;
just wished I looked cute in them!

Waterrose said...

OH how cool and those glasses are just IT. No need for the hood here, but it looks like a winner!

glorybe1024 said...

I hate wearing hats...but this hood is a great idea!! Beautiful work!

AddThis