Thursday, January 22, 2009

Depression Chic

I was looking through the Spring 2009 Shopping Guide on Style.com and was curious to see a category titled "Depression Chic." The designs have a lot of silk and ruffles, with flowing Bohemian styles from designers like Nanette Lepore, Burberry Prorsum, and Louis Vuitton. Burberry describes their Spring line as "gentle, relaxed, romantic and about a quiet, beautiful sense of luxury." Have a look at their new collection here.

I was searching Etsy for "boho clothing" and cocoricooo's designs were catching my eye more and more.

Cocoricooo.Etsy.com has a wonderful collection of pants, blouses, skirts and more, many are hand-embroidered. Visit their blog for beautiful pictures from their Thailand studio.


Be sure to check out HerbanDevi.Etsy.com. Designer Jennifer LaPeire boasts "sexy cuts with sweet silhouettes made from sustainable textiles. ... sneaker and high heel friendly for women with eclectic style." Comfortable styles in pants, dresses, tops, and even a jumpsuit!

For simple, fun accessories, check out these recycled fabric bracelets from BellaChicks.Etsy.com.
I think I'm going to like "Depression Chic" with a flair for simple, flowing, and even retro-vintage styles.

12 comments:

Just be happy! said...

Thank you for the tips!
:o)

NICO Designs said...

I saw the same thing and wondered if the clothes would make you depressed? the designer was depressed?

It never occurred to me that it was in line with our economy. I love the styles....

agoodwitchtoo said...

Looks totally comfy and right up my alley! Great finds! Thanks for sharing them.

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Those are beautiful - thanks for sharing!

Rey Ybarra said...

Creating blankets and knitting is an art that takes a lot of time and patience. Great job with your blog.

Rey

http://jewelryshowtv.blogspot.com/

TiLT said...

very nice...but does the price tag go along with the depression portion?

uniquecommodities said...

Thanks for sharing! Hope all is well!

LazyTcrochet said...

Not that I can see Tilt. It seems to be a "look" that doesn't associate with price...so far.

Sarah McBride said...

I love the items you have chosen. Those bracelets are fabulous!!

maryeb said...

What great finds. I haven't seen any of these shops before.
I'm off for a closer look.
Thanks

BeadedTail said...

Great items! I especially like those bracelets!

moxylyn said...

Those look really comfy!

AddThis