Friday, January 30, 2009

It's my Etsy-versary today!


I almost forgot, but I'm glad I remembered...

Today, I am celebrating two wonderfully fun years on Etsy. I was kicking myself for not joining sooner, but at the time I was doing a lot of local shows and didn't think that I had enough inventory. Opening my shop on Etsy soon made me a workaholic. I am constantly working on something new, something fun, something different to list in my Etsy shop. My work has evolved a lot since I started and so have my photography skills. Some product shots are better than others. It depends on the weather and time of year, or whether or not I have a suitable model for a particular item.
I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you.

This shawl is the very first item that I sold on Etsy.


Followed by this afghan. It's actually the only full-size afghan that I've ever made. I always say that I'll start one, but it's so time-consuming.

This cape is the most expensive item that I've ever sold. It was one-of-a-kind and I've had a few requests for more like it.

Last, but not least, is my favorite purse. This is the only item that has sold the very day that I listed it. I loved it so much that it was hard to list it and see it go so quickly.

Well, thanks for the memories. I hope that I can continue to be creative enough to keep a fully stocked shop. I love Etsy! Thanks for browsing LazyTcrochet.Etsy.com!

10 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Oh, my gosh! I just remembered I missed mine on the 25th! Well happy etsy-versary to both of us!

Jen

glorybe1024 said...

Congrats!! You have such beautiful items. I really don't know when to celebrate my Etsy-versary. I joined 4/29/07 and really didn't get involved until this past year.

NICO Designs said...

Congratulations, you have a great shop!

gloria said...

I love the cape also. You have one of the nicest esty shops I looked at thus far.

Just be happy! said...

Happy Etsy-versary!
I wish many more happy anniversaries come!

That cape is fabulous, I love it too!

:o)

Just be happy! said...

Happy Etsy-versary!
I wish many more happy anniversaries come!

That cape is fabulous, I love it too!

:o)

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary!
Almost two years for me too! Where does the time go!?

BeadedTail said...

Happy Etsyversary! Your items are gorgeous!

Head Bitch in Charge said...

I'm a day late but Congrats all the same! I like that you shared some milestone sales...nice idea. And no wonder they sold! You do beautiful work! It makes me want to learn crochet even more.

maryeb said...

Congrats!
I hope you have another great year. You certainly have a nice shop.

AddThis