Tuesday, January 20, 2009

More Notes from the Trail


Went for a quick ski yesterday at Chapin Forest Reservation in Kirtland, Ohio. Ski rentals are available at the Pine Lodge Cross-Country Ski Center. The cold and whiny one was not in the mood, so we didn't stay very long. I knit a cowl for my son, but he said he didn't need it. I was so glad that I grabbed it. It kept my neck and ears perfectly toasty! Here are a few pictures.


I put a make-shift milk jug bird feeder up yesterday and the birds found it right away. There were blue jays, cardinals, tufted titmouse, chickadee, sparrows, and one that I didn't recognize. It is a Junco, which is a "snowbird" that is occasionally spotted at feeders in the Northeast. This cold, poofy robin was a rare sight as well.

7 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

We still have a high robin count here. For some reason they haven't figured out it's winter...

April Horsman said...

Oh how much fun! I miss our Robin's, they've definitely left Nova Scotia!!

Tulip's Talking said...

I LOVE your "Notes from the Trail" and so wish I was able to join in the adventures!

I also love pix of birds, espceially in the snow.

storybeader said...

I'm sure those birds appreciated the goodies!

BeadedTail said...

Wonderful but very cold looking pictures!

TiLT said...

great pics! and is "poofy robin"the technical term :)

glorybe1024 said...

Loved the post and the pics!

AddThis