Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year, Thank Goodness!

My holidays were spent with my family, cooking, playing games, cleaning, and lazing about! I was tempted to post a "Good Riddance to 2008" rant, but opted not to. Those of you who know me know what a crappy year it has been. But...we've made it through to yet another year and, since beggars can't be choosers, we'll just have to make the best of it!
The break away from creativity was a good one. I kept up with the holiday packages until the rush died. Since I was taking a break anyway, I decided that I'd start again when the ideas started again. I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't have the desire to design anything new. I was enjoying my time off....and then it struck me. I have to get the Christmas decorations put away, and get through my daughter's sleep-over tonight, but I've got a fabulous design down on paper. Now to find that stash of red tweed....hmmmm. Guess I better clean out my yarn bins first.
So, my resolution for the new year is to be better organized. That sure sounds a lot easier than the standard weight-loss!!
Have a wonderful New Year everyone!
Here's a sample of what's now ON SALE at LazyTcrochet Boutique! Stop by and see the entire collection at LazyTcrochet.Etsy.com.

10 comments:

Sarah McBride said...

may 2009 be a happy and prosperous year for you.
I love your crochet and am glad you had time for a creative moment or two!!

High Desert Diva said...

Happy New Year Tricia!

BeadedTail said...

Happy New Year! Lovely items also!

storybeader said...

have fun going through all your yarns. I've been through a slump too, but things will turn around. They always do! Happy New Year!

Shell Mitchell said...

Happy New Year! A fresh slate awaits:)

Andrea said...

Here's to a prosperous 2009!

joeyandaleethea said...

Happy New Year! Taking time off is lovely. Cheers to creative sparks!

Patti said...

Hope you have a MUCH better 2009...and that you find the red tweed! Hard as i try, I can never keep my yarn organized!!

knitting dragonfly said...

If you run across any good organizational tips, post them. I am always trying to get more organized, or maybe organized at all.

Youvegotmaille said...

Love that cuff!

AddThis