Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Notes from the Trail



It's been awhile since I've done a trail post. It is hard to believe that I was running on this trail just a week or so ago. We've been doing a lot of skiing in the fields and woods behind our house. That's where we discovered the boat - out in the middle of nowhere Ohio.
We went to the trail to ski yesterday. It was getting a bit warm.... 35°F is a bit warm for skis. But we enjoyed the day and took a few pictures. The temperature first thing this morning is a balmy 0°F. That will make the trail nice and crunchy.
I need a day off though. Four times in three days and I am quite sore. Skiing cross-country, or Nordic skiing, is amazing exercise. It gets you all over! I have an old Nordic Track ski machine that works, but it gets so boring. You don't get the same workout as you do on real skis.
Anyone who has read previous "Notes from the Trail" posts may remember me talking about my Nike+ shoes that track my running distances and times. I found myself wishing I could put the Nike+ gadget in my ski boots. I'd love to know how far we have skied this season.
Here's a fun ski treasury I created. Enjoy the snow!

13 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Cool pics! The boat cracks me up!

I've never been cross country skiing (and don't really have the desire to do so) but I can sure understand how it would be a good workout.

Rosebud Collection said...

I had to laugh at the boat..I wonder who would have left that there..
Nice you are cross country skiing..good way to enjoy the winter.

TiLT said...

great trailing...the boat made me giggle :)
I noticed your ski treasury the other day...yesterday?....now I really understand the inspiration :)

Tulip's Talking said...

That boat was the first thing that jumped out at me, had to do a double take to be sure I was seeing it where I thought it was!

Other than that all I can say it...
ummm with envy mixed in!

Jennifer Otero said...

love the photos.
I love using nordic ski at the gym but i have never been skiing...would love to.
Nice blog '_'

Nicole R.J. said...

Beautiful shots! I haven't been x-country skiing in years ~ your post really makes me want to get back at it!

SToNZ said...

This great treasury looked amazing on the Etsy front page, T!

That boat in the middle of nowhere reminds me of an episode of Lost.
the "Black Rock"
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Rock
Though a bit less ominous...
:>)

Betani said...

That looks like such a great trail to take!

As odd as the boat is, it makes for a great picture!

BeadedTail said...

Beautiful photos! I've never been cross country skiing but always wanted to. Now even more so!

uniquecommodities said...

Wow that is a lot of snow! I have never ski'd before! I bet it would be fun!

Bayberry Roost said...

I learned to down-hill ski first and later enjoyed some cross country skiing. But now I live in Florida, darn it. All these snow photos have me wanting to move back north.

Nice treasury!!

Thanks for including one of my buttons.

Beth said...

Fun treasury! I like the skiing sock monkey.

Alpaca Granny said...

Oh, my, your post makes me want to do some cross country .... Well, not really at -10 degrees right now.

AddThis