Monday, February 2, 2009

6 more weeks!

Happy Groundhog Day! It looks as if Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and is predicting six more weeks of winter. I can live with that...if it snows. If it's cold rain and mud then forget it!
(And yes, I can type Punxsutawney without even looking it up. I went to college near there in Indiana, PA for awhile!)

In other news....WooHoo!! Big congrats to my Pittsburgh Steelers! We enjoyed the Super Bowl last night, as stressful as it was. They always play the whole game and never give up. They proved that last night. I got this cool picture from my tv LOL. Our dinner wasn't so super though. I had big plans for the sauerbraten beef roast that had been marinating. It was ok, but a bit dry and, well, sour. The spaetzle were delicious and made up for it. The pictures were too dark and ugly to share. Today has been spent trying to organize receipts for taxes and trying to make sure I stay caught up for 2009. That is one of my new year resolutions!

1 comment:

Tulip's Talking said...

Dinner sounds delicious...never had either.

Sorry for you about Phil... we are expecting the coldest weather yet here starting today with rain almost all day so far!

Wishing you a great week.

~Lily

AddThis