Friday, February 20, 2009

Far from Gilligan's Island


My oldest has been sick and home from school all week. The sight of him snuggled up on the futon, with the laptop close at hand, brought back some memories....sort of.
I remember being home, sick on the couch, but the only choices I had were "Gilligan's Island" or "Bewitched." Along came "Scooby Doo" and my younger brother who always got to choose.

My oldest is back to school today...hopefully he won't call from the nurse's office. My youngest is home now, unfortunately. I think I missed Nick Jr. shhhh. (I had no idea they made "Olivia" into a tv show.) I really don't like seeing them so sick, but I do admit that I LOVE being a Mom.
Well, Nick Jr. didn't last too long. She's back to watching "What Not to Wear" and "John and Kate Plus 8" - sigh.

Love "Olivia" too? NickJr.com has some fun activities. They have a printable puppet theater, calendars and even iron-ons.

9 comments:

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Hope the kiddos get to feeling better! It's definitely that time of year...bugs flyin' around!

Patti said...

Hope everyone is on the mend at your house! I can even remember almost 60 years ago in prehistoric times, when I was sick, the only thing to watch was Dave Garroway!

BeadedTail said...

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon! I remember the best part of staying home from school was watching Bewitched and Gilligans Island and of course the Brady Bunch! Times have changed way more than I can imagine! (I can't even use that stupid mouse pad on my laptop so I have a pink cordless mouse!)

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

right there with you - staying home when I was younger (we won't discuss how long ago!) didn't offer nearly as many TV options.

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Gloria said...

This has been a long winter and lots of different bugs going around. My kids are ground now but honestly I enjoyed it at times when they where home. Although it was nice when they got well and returned to school and I got my living room back!

I came from a large family and if you stayed home sick your choices where bed and hot soup! We didn't cry sick often that's for sure.

wish you all well

uniquecommodities said...

hope your sweeties feel better! Have a great weekend!

Alpaca Granny said...

Thanks for bringing back those memories of the kids being home sick. Vernor's Ginger Ale, Chicken Noodle Soup, a bell by the bed......
I'm so old - we didn't even have tv when I stayed home sick.

April Horsman said...

awww its hard when they are sick, but I used to love sick days snuggled on the couch with gilligan :)

TiLT said...

at least with them switching places there is no tv fighting all day :)

my youngest loves Nick Jr online...so many fun things...and at 3 he can navigate through the site just as well as I can

AddThis