Monday, February 23, 2009

New for Monday - Fun with Fiber


Something old, something new... nothing borrowed or blue.

I thought I'd show some of the bracelets and cuffs that I've been making with the handmade knitting needles featured in the earlier tutorial post. These are a fun way to use up some wool that's too small to do anything else with. My hand-spun bits are still precious to me since the colors are so beautiful. When combined and, sometimes, felted, the end result makes for fun with fiber! Some of these are listed in my Etsy shop, with more to follow.

8 comments:

April Horsman said...

LOVE the bracelets! Cute idea!

OK, coffee cup cozy things, I am hooked on them. oooh that pun was not at all intended, but I am! I was thinking about how many I must waste in a year. Just me. Its too many. These are a great idea :)

CT said...

that is a great idea for small bits of yarn! they look so cool!

Tulip's Talking said...

Very kewl idea ... and fun.

Cate Holst said...

Great way to use up those odd pieces of wool. Such fun

TiLT said...

great cuffs!

Bits 4 Babies said...

Interesting, it's something to keep in mind for when I've got bits and pieces of wool laying about.

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

the yellows and oranges are so cheerful - what a fun idea!

DJ said...

Awesome idea for bracelets - they won't clank on your desk when you wear them either. Bonus :) Also, cup holders/warmers are really popular at my office.

AddThis