Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Getaway


I thought I'd share a few pictures from a not-so-quiet weekend getaway. We went to my sister's birthday party at my aunt and uncle's house. There were lots of people, lots of kids, and lots of cats there as we celebrated. We had a "Lord of the Rings" movie marathon. Only a few made it all the way through to the end, but it was fun having a room full of people and watching it on a big screen with surround sound.
I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the whole house from outside. There was quite a bit of snow. Here are a few indoor shots of Alba, their spectacular log home.

9 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Very cool house.

Gloria said...

Nice........I love log cabins..!

We had a lord of the rings marathon x-mas vacation.......I didn't make it through either...lol!

It is nice to get together and enjoy the company of other people and truth be told now that the kids have been out of the house for the last two years.......I have to enjoy my time alone with my hubby!

As always I have enjoyed reading another one of your blogs.

Tulip's Talking said...

Looks like my house!

Um...the one in my dreams that is...

Here is something of nightmares and great fun to pass along!

~Lily

http://tulipstalking.blogspot.com/2009/02/blockhead-rod-gets-caught-with-his.html

BeadedTail said...

What a beautiful log cabin! And filled with cats too? Sounds purrfect to me!

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

Lovely home - what a beautiful open design! I want to be one of the kitties relaxing in the window :)

I love the LOTR movies but my marathons tend to be over a weekend (we have the extended editions - I don't think they would even fit in a day!) Still, they are wonderful movies!

delaney55 said...

I would absolutely LOVE a house that looks like that. So pretty and homey. I like the cabin look better than regular homes. Especially if in the mountains.

how to crochet said...

very cool house and crochet design...

how to crochet

maryeb said...

That is a lovely home. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Sounds like an interesting weekend.

DJ said...

I SO want to own a log home one day. Beautiful shots here :)

AddThis