Thursday, March 12, 2009

Friday the 13th

I'm not a superstitious person. The kids always keep track of how many Friday the 13ths there are in the year and make a big deal out of the bad luck that will ensue. It doesn't really bother me. Now, if it happens to be a crazy day, or full of gloom and doom, then, yes, I may attribute it to being because of Friday the 13th (after the fact).I started a new job this week and the training has been intense. Here is a shot of what I see when I look out the window of the library where we're working. The towers of the nuclear electric plant aren't working at the moment. It sort of bothered me having them looming over my shoulder every day. I remember refusing to look at houses for sale in this neighborhood because of it. Today I discovered that one of my co-workers worked there for 30 years and is now retired. He insists it is very safe. But still...kind of creepy to me.
So, here's hoping that tomorrow is just another day. (Knock on wood!)
knock on wood ring - lovinganvil

4 comments:

storybeader said...

I agree with your thought on the nuclear plant - that IS creppy. Don't remember hearing about your new job... I know, I'll look back in your blog! (brilliant, I know)lol

LazyTcrochet said...

Hehe I don't think I blogged it. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say other than I am a sworn Federal employee now. Temporary, but fun.

AliciaMae said...

*knocks on wood for you* :)

BeadedTail said...

I've never been around a nuclear plant but I imagine it would be unsettling. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new job as a Federal employee!

AddThis