Monday, March 2, 2009

March is National Crochet Month





Ever since I taught myself how to crochet, I've been reading about the CGOA - the Crochet Guild of America. Now that I've graduated from an occasional few projects to working constantly on many projects and running a successful business, I think it's about time I applied to become an official member of the guild. What better time to join than National Crochet Month?
I've been trying to spend more time on Ravelry, an online community for knitters and crocheters. I joined a few new groups - the CLF (Crochet Liberation Front) and the Party for Crochet Month on Ravelry! It looks like I'll be meeting some fun, new people there!
The CLF is hosting a Mystery Shawl Crochet-A-Long and I thought that sounded like the perfect project for me. To Crochet-A-Long (CAL) visit Tracey's Fiber-habit-enabling Blog HERE. It's not to late to join. The first part of the pattern was just released, with more instructions each week.
There's so much going on on Ravelry. It's fun to see so many people with a love of all things fiber!

8 comments:

storybeader said...

That's great Tricia! I've just picked up a crochet hook for the first time - actually last month... at the end of the month... I want to crochet with beads, and make a rope. I learned how to "do" the chain stitch. Now I need to learn how to go in circles! Whee....

LazyTcrochet said...

That's great story! I have an old pearl necklace that someone crocheted and gave to my grandmother. I'd love to know how they made it.

Rose Works Jewelry said...

That sounds so exciting! I'll have to tell my Mom - she's a crocheter too :)

Friendlyhands said...

Great info!!! I'll have to check out the crochet as you go...sounds fun:)

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Yay for National Crochet Month! It's also National Craft Month...so much celebrating going on!!!

NICO Designs said...

That is great! There is nothing like joining an organization to be among fellow artists and professionals.

Sharyn said...

Hey Neighbor! I'm from G-ville. I've chatted with you on etsy and just found your blog through another blog. Your items are very cool. Have you ever gone to Miss Chick Pea's Funky Fibers in Hudson? You may like that shop lot's of wonderful yarns.
Sharyn

LazyTcrochet said...

That sounds fun. I'll have to check that out. Thanks Sharyn

AddThis