Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rob Zombie Kicked My * * * (AKA Notes from the Trail)

The ice is off the trail finally and I was so happy to get out for a run. It was tough. I haven't been out in a long time. I tried to push myself and ended up going almost 4 miles. There are some songs on my playlist that really keep me going. Rob Zombie kicked my butt today with "Superbeast." I was kicking the dogs butt just to get her back to the car. She's not used to 4 miles either LOL.

I thought I'd share a recent favorite that I added to my playlist. This is such a feel-good song from the Dropkick Murphys "The Meanest of Times" album. I discovered this through Bruce Springsteen's Featured MySpace playlist, then bought the single off iTunes. Enjoy!

"Never Forget"

...When you got love and we got family
Keep 'em close and don't forget
To hold them right there in your heart
When you got love and family

(Whoa!, Whoa!)
(I'll remember you today)

To all the single parents
Who keep holding down the fort
To all you sons & daughters
Be thankful for what you've got
To everyone with no one
May good fortune turn your way
To everyone whose had someone
Remember them today

When you got love and we got family
Keep 'em close and don't forget
To hold them right there in your heart
When you got love and family

If it doesn't play, click it again to listen at YouTube. Awesome song!

1 comment:

agoodwitchtoo said...

Love me some Rob Zombie and Dropkick Murphys! Great music to get ya movin' indeed!

AddThis