Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Time

It's almost summer. I picked up a flat of strawberries and cleaned them this morning. They're not as pretty, nor as sweet as last years crop, but will be delicious just the same. I'm going to make some Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.
I had a gorgeous strawberry picture from last year's blog. I lost most of these pictures when my computer crashed, so I thought I would take a look back through the blog for fond summer memories...

This is one of our favorite pictures from the Pittsburgh Zoo. I'm glad I still had this picture on my blog!
Here's the strawberry shortcake recipe.
Getting ready for Mom and Dad's 50th Anniversary party!
Singin' in the Rain - our 20th anniversary with A Prairie Home Companion.
Our wedding photo!?
Cooking over the campfire is one of our favorite things to do in the Summer!
And Now for Something Completely Different has a playlist of marches and music that reminds me of summer concerts in the park.

We've had a tough year since my husband's bicycle accident last summer. Thanks to all the amazingly supportive friends and family that helped us get through. This summer seems to have started off on the right foot. We'll be kicking off summer and celebrating Summerfest next weekend as my daughter prepares for Garrettsville Idol!
Enjoy your summer! (And, if it happens to be coming on Winter where you are, feel free to shop Etsy for some warm goodies!)

9 comments:

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

What a fun idea to put all these old links in here with all the photos :) Gonna check 'em all out!

TiLT said...

fun! off to peek at the links....

TiLT said...

lol :) just got back from the wedding link...happy anniversary :)

BeadedTail said...

I enjoyed checking out your links. Happy 21st Anniversary!

uniquecommodities said...

Happy Anniversary and didnt know that your hubby had an accident last yr. I hope he is doing much better

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Love the picture :) I want some strawberry shortcake!

Vanessa said...

Happy summer!!

Becky said...

love the polar bear, great picture! Mmmmm strawberry shortcake, my fave! :D

storybeader said...

cute pictures ESP. the wedding photo!

AddThis