Monday, June 8, 2009

Yes, Chef!


Sarah had already started with the "I'm bored!" and "What am I going to do this summer?" I thought about some of the things that she likes to do and suggested that she help plan meals and cook once in awhile. She grabbed the latest Rachel Ray cookbook that her grandparents had given her and picked out some recipes to start with. The other night she made prosciutto paninis with roasted peppers and grilled romaine with Caesar dressing. Yum! It was so good. The brownie mess was not her fault. Even I know that brownies don't bake at 425° for 22 minutes. What's up with that Rachel? They were fluffernutter ones that you put peanut butter chips in the mix, bake it, then add mini marshmallows for the last few minutes. I let them bake longer, but they still were a goopy mess in the middle. We ate the edges of course. You would too! Tonight she's making something that her brother will eat. Chicken and penne. I'm going to try this salad recipe from Home Made Originals blog, with broccoli from the garden!

10 comments:

Diary of a Young Designer said...

OMG! That looks incredibly yummy! I also plan out our meals, its a great way to keep a budget.

xo
Sophie

Virginia Burnett said...

Isn't it great when your kids start feeding you for a change! Congrats on having a new kitchen aide and congrats on being this months Etsy Blogger's featured seller. I'm glad to have found your blog! :)

grouse.and.badger said...

That looks wonderful! I think you should invite us all over for dinner :)

Scrapbooking by Syrena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scrapbooking by Syrena said...

Yummy, Yummy!!!
Cooking is so much fun! Espcially with someone you love!!!
Have a Wonderful Summer!
:)Syrena

BeadedTail said...

That looks yummy! Sarah is quit the cook!

Margaret said...

never thought of grilling romaine.
Congratulations on being the etsy blogger of the month!

Black Rose said...

Oooh this looks good!!

Rose Works Jewelry said...

That looks yummy! And I think its awesome that your daughter is cooking at such a young age :)

HomeMadeOriginals said...

That looks wonderful! I hope you liked my salad. Congrats on being the blogger of the month!

AddThis