Friday, August 14, 2009

Fiber Friday - A Peek at Lion Brand Yarn Studios and Show Season!


According to the Lion Brand Yarn Studio Blog, this piece from Fiber Artist, Joetta Maue, is on display at Lion Brand Yarn Studios in NYC. I had recently started a similar piece (only one scarf, but similar to the seaweed scarf below) with my shop name, to use as a banner for upcoming shows. I'm only partially done with the scarf part though. I guess I had better get crackin' (or knitting)! I thought it would make a cool banner, but I hadn't seen Joetta's work. This is so fun! Visit the Lion Brand Yarn Studio Blog here and Joetta Maue's blog here.

As for my fiber habit, I'm working steadily, trying to have lots of inventory for upcoming shows and the holiday season. I was invited to display some items at a local boutique and I have some designs specifically in mind to take to Shaker Tree, here in Garrettsville. It seems like a sophisticated crowd, so I will be making classic shawls, hats, scarves, etc.....and save the funky stuff for shows and Etsy. I tend to get overwhelmed with ideas this time of year, but have lots of yarn stashed away and ready for fun wraps and wearables, scarves, hats, mittens, and more! While I normally would spend some time making stockings or other Christmas knick-knacks, I'm not sure if I want to do so this year. Time's a-wastin'!
(Visit http://www.alpacafarmgirl.com/ for more Fiber Friday!)

**Lion Brand just announced that all of their patterns are now free! (excluding some by outside designers) Check it out at www.LionBrandYarn.com.

16 comments:

blue moss said...

thanks for visiting and for commenting....so glad to find your lovely blog
happy weekend
michelle

Patch said...

Good luck with your inventory.. I always sneak to Lion Brand Yarn website for patterns but never go to their blog.. I'm going to see the blog now.. thank you for sharing.. :D

LazyTcrochet said...

I'll edit the post, but Lion Brand just announced that all the patterns on their site are now free! (excluding some designer ones)

BeadedTail said...

Lovely piece and love your green scarf! Good luck with building up your inventory for show season! Sounds like it's going to be a busy one!

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Good luck!

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Hope you get lots of inventory ready for your shows :) I love that photo of your scarf btw!

Susan said...

Love the fingerless gloves on the right. :-)

Susan

TexasRed said...

Good luck! I'm impressed that you're already getting ready for the holidays!

rosebud101 said...

Cool--I love their patterns and they are free! Wow! That is a great scarf, too!

LazyTcrochet said...

Thanks all. Hehe thanks Susan, I hope to list those plum ones today.

vintagepix said...

Love the banner idea! (And can't believe we have to start thinking about Christmas already) Good luck with getting ready for your shows, and thanks for stopping by my blog :o)

knittingdragonflies said...

Love the color on that scarf!! Thanks for the Lion pattern info.
and I didn't know they had a blog.
Vicki

TiLT said...

that "art scarf" display on the wall is very cool. And I love the way the green scarf was photographed - very cool.

I saw the Lion Yarn pattern freebie thing somewhere else too...looks like it may be a good time to start learning :)

NICO Designs said...

Where does the time go? Good luck with the inventory; in fact maybe I ought to be doing the same thing instead of reading blogs?!

Joetta M. said...

thanks so much for your feature. Much appreciated.
And you "seaweed" scarf is GORGEOUS!
:)

storybeader said...

can't wait to see how the banner turns out! And congrats. on the boutique. I like to by things that people can use for the holidays - wearable art is a great gift! Thanks for participating in the carnival! {:-Deb

AddThis