Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fairy Tale Chic

Once upon a time, there was a pretty brown hooded capelet.... Huh? Well, have you ever designed something so fun that you really wished that you could keep it? I loved how this hood turned out, but the capelet was just a bit too dainty for my taste. I was thrilled to see that it sold, even though I was hoping to display it at a show this Saturday. I was intending to make another one in red, although I won't have time to finish it by Saturday.
I'd love your opinion. I know a red hood would be fairy tale chic and I bought some of this same luscious yarn in scarlet, but I don't know whether to keep the capelet style, or to try something else with it. I have some hooded scarves to display this weekend, but this style of hood is sleek and, to just dangle a scarf from it seems too simple. I know I have enough of the red to repeat this design, but if I were to make more of a cape, I would need more yarn.
I also keep seeing hints of the "Alice In Wonderland" movie that's coming out soon and have a Queen of Hearts design in mind. I'm looking forward to playing with that idea next week...after the show!
Let me know what you think. Thanks!

13 comments:

Pamela Angus said...

you have to make it in red!! it would look so cute, and little red riding hood-esque like you say :) good luck at the show!

Tulip's Talking said...

I agree with Pamela, you "have" to make it in red! Love it and your scarf idea too.

Best wishes for you upcoming show!

Start To Finish Supplies said...

I like the capelet, the hood works well with it. You did a great job photographing it. No wonder it sold quickly!

Beth said...

Make more, especially since the first one sold fast! Red would be hot!

TiLT said...

I think it's great! A hoodie capelet :)

I like the idea of the red...and if you are going for the Queen of Hearts idea, maybe the bottom edges looking like hearts?

I think red riding hood would have to be longer than a basic cape...I do like the scarf idea, maybe a wide & long one?

of course, that all leads to more yarn probably :P

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

I think a longer one in red would look amazing!

Rose Works Jewelry said...

I think making the caplet in red would be adorable :)

LazyTcrochet said...

Thanks everyone!

Susan said...

I LOVE IT!!! People will love it... I know "I" do. :-)

Can you make the capelet longer? That wold be so sharp!!!

~ Susan

myhookandI.blogspot.com

Just add @hotmail.com

rosebud101 said...

Love it!

NICO Designs said...

I like the idea of one in red. I look forward to seeing how it works out.

CT said...

RED RED RED!!! please!! and then some dark olive green for good measure! and keep the whole style, please!

knittingdragonflies said...

I like this! I love hooded scarves and can't find them anywhere, I usually end up making one. But yours so soooo pretty.
Vicki

Agree with the previous comments, have to see it in red.

AddThis