Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hey There Little Red Riding Hood


Well, I finished it! The little red capelet I talked about before. I would like to make a longer one some time, but they didn't have enough of the same dye lot of this red. The color is called "Red Ochre." I had to Google that to see for sure what "ochre" was. It's a pigment derived from naturally tinted clay that contains mineral oxides.
Anyway....I think it's fairy tale sweet! I chose not to display it on the blue lady, like I did the brown one. I am looking forward to meeting some volunteers from Hiram College in a couple of weeks. Perhaps someone would be willing to model for a trade. (Wishing my niece, Linnea, could model again, but she's in school in Norway!)
On to the next project and organizing for the Pumpkin Festival!

12 comments:

CT said...

oh! it is beyond words-cute! great work!

Glo said...

Love it, will you have the pattern for sale?

LazyTcrochet said...

Thank you.
Not for awhile Glo. I'm working on a collection of sorts.

Truscaveczka said...

That's one of the cutest garments I've ever seen :) And the fairytale association is irresistable ;)
Great work!

agoodwitchtoo said...

Absolutely lovely!

Mom said...

Oh! It is wonderful! And the red ocher is just as red as it should be. I have a tube of it in my paint box and hope to use it when I paint this winter. All my love.

Pattie said...

This is such a cuttie!!
And I love how the hood is so large :)

Really great work! And, love the color (YAY red)

Karly West said...

I love it!!!

LazyTcrochet said...

Thank you! A comment from Mom made my day!

Lost Mitten said...

That is super cute!! :)

Susan said...

I Love the capelet!!! Been waiting to see the finished object!!!

Lovely!

Susan

Judy Nolan said...

This is so sweet! I love it. I've never seen a poncho with a hood.

AddThis