Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yarn, Yarn, Everywhere Yarn...

"Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind!"

To blog about my workspace is laughable since I can pretty much work anywhere and take yarn with me everywhere I go! I do a lot of work at my desk, which is actually the family computer table. I often have piles of yarn, needle and thread, and buttons galore, mixed with bills, checkbook, gaming microphones and tangled headphones! (I was going to ask Martha Stewart for a suggestion on how to organize all these cords since everyone has their own favorite headphones or earbuds. What a tangled mess sometimes!)

When I saw that Lion Brand Yarn had desktop wallpaper, I knew that would be perfect for me. The gorgeous pile of colors and textures looks like my desk anyway, so I thought I would add it.
Check out the fun screensavers and wallpapers available at Lion Brand here. And, while you're there, look at this beautiful Nature's Bounty Afghan in Tunisian crochet. One of these days I'd like to take the time to make this. It's just gorgeous. They also offer free knit or crochet e-cards and printable cards for prayer shawls as well.

17 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about your workspace! My stuff can and does wonder all over the house! My piles might be embarrassing to put on my blog, but I'm sure plenty of people could relate.

Patch said...

WOW!! Everywhere really yarn... LOL.. I like LionBrand Web too.. sometimes I go to see some patterns there..

Jenny said...

I love the screensaver!

Anitra Cameron said...

Well, at least piles of yarn is beautiful! Tell everyone to think of it as Impromptu Decorating!

mysie said...

Now this sounds familiar! My desk upstairs is littered with unfinished computer projects. My craft table was commandeered for a shelving project. I have taken over the living room table with my beads and supplies, and dragged in a portable to actually do my beading on. Well, when it's not covered in half-finished projects anyway!

A. Nieman said...

I just downloaded my wallpaper! I love it! Thanks for the link!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Impromptu Decorating! LOL!

Susan said...

Sounds quite simliar to our house... Yarn next to my rocking chair... spare yarn & hook to practice on while I'm on - line... And all of the rst of it stored in my Craft Room. ( Pics on my blog )

And I can't bring myself to change my wall paper... It's of our son...

Susan

myhookandI.blogspot.com

BeadedTail said...

I would imagine that you'd have yarn, yarn everywhere! Love the colors of yarn you do have by your computer!

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

A little Tesla to start off the post...love it :)

Love the screen saver...it's so fitting for you :)

Bridget said...

Thanks for sharing...I'm obsessed with yarn too.

Rose Works Jewelry said...

I'm laughing because while I do technically have a small workspace - I also take my work with me every where I go :P

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

Seeing all that yarn makes me happy! It is like having the larder filled with goodies.

Judy Nolan said...

You're so right about yarn! Honestly, everywhere in the house (or car) is studio space when it comes to playing with yarn. Thanks for the tip about where to find desktop wallpaper with a yarn theme!

storybeader said...

hi Tricia - nice to see your table! {:-D

Made by Melissa said...

One of the great things about crochet - you don't need a lot of room to actually crochet... its the oodles of yarn that we accumulate that requires all the room!

adoration said...

I can soo relate! My creative stuff is everywhere! I have been thinking about what to do with our cords, too, using something like those plastic winders for embroidery thread would work, I see Levenger has a version for about $18, that is nice.

AddThis