Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's That Time of Year

It's that time of year again. The time when all my crafty friends are so so busy. I have to take time to stop and enjoy the season, before it's too late! Christmas comes and goes so quickly. The EtsyBloggers are already discussing which holiday movies are their favorites...and it's not yet Thanksgiving!
A favorite Thanksgiving tradition in our family has always been to watch the parade. It was my grandfather's favorite thing to do on Thanksgiving and he didn't want to miss a beat. The bands were always his favorite, and, the bigger the better! Check out this fun link to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and be sure to click on "Parade History" for a trip down memory lane (or 42nd Street) with "76 Trombones"!
http://social.macys.com/parade2009/

My favorite holiday movie is "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Yes, even at my age, it is a must-see. We look forward to it every year. My kids didn't get it at first. They were like, Mom, we've seen it over and over. Now...they get it. They share in my excitement whenever it's on.

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
-Luke 2:8-14

3 comments:

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

The parade is a big part of Thanksgiving :)
And that's a great movie...we watch it every year too!

Beth said...

After the Grinch, Charlie Brown is my favorite. Then A Christmas Story.... Oh I can't wait! I am loving the snow falling on your blog too :)

Judy Nolan said...

I enjoy "A Charlie Brown Christmas," too. Thanks for the link to the parade!

AddThis