Thursday, November 5, 2009

What's New...'tis the Season!

'Tis the season for gift-giving. I've been busy creating custom designs on Etsy, as well as preparing for the many local shows that I've signed up for.
Custom orders are great, but it can be tricky scheduling time between shows to finish items on time. My tip would be to not take on more than you can handle. You still need to have time for yourself (and to finish all those handmade gifts that you've been planning to make)!Here's a recent design I made for a client. She wanted something to wear to Dicken's Fair. Apparently there are a lot of different Dicken's Festivals around the world. They take their attire very seriously! Here's the capelet I made, plus a matching pair of arm warmers (although they probably aren't true "period" attire). I thought it was a nice Victorian-style cape.
In keeping with the theme, I have plans to make more Victorian-inspired capes, hats, and a muff or hand-warmer. Something wooly and warm.

Staying true to my funky side, I have these new designs as well. Busy busy busy!

(See more Fiber Friday posts at http://www.alpacafarmgirl.com.

8 comments:

BeadedTail said...

I love all your items! That first design is gorgeous!

breezehillfarm said...

I love your work. Crochet simply isn't our Grandmothers any more is it! Thank you for sharing.

Allison of Dominant Hands said...

Lovely designs! I especially like the funky stocking hat!

Kate said...

Great work! The wrap with the buttons is beautiful - I am impressed by your ability to create a pattern that actually works. (something I have yet to wrap my head around)

knitngreen said...

Just beautiful! Makes me want to perfect my crocheting skills!

Alpaca Farmgirl said...

I love these! That Dickens piece is to die for. I love history. You are so talented!

Thanks for participating in Fiber Arts Fridays.

High Desert Diva said...

Ha ha! Love the hat!

Unknown said...

Where can I but the pattern for the capelet? I've been dying to make my own cape

AddThis